My Classes

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Things have been a little stressful in our family lately. Not that life isn't always stressful, but lately, well, it's been stressful. I woke up this morning feeling a little pouty and not very happy. It's Mother's Day. Things should go my way, right? Well, not necessarily. I got to church and the first worship song included some of the most incredible pictures of God's beautiful creation on the screen. I was overwhelmed at the magnitude and scope of the God of the universe! He truly is amazing!

But the devil wasn't finished. I started thinking of all the mistakes I've made as a mom. This led to feeling like such a failure! Then I was reminded of my conversation yesterday with my daughter, Brittney and how she had told me what a good job I had done. Then there was the post from my son this morning on facebook basically saying the same thing. And here I was sitting with my youngest daughter next to me in worship service. Then I started thinking about two of my friends who have already had to say goodbye to their moms until they meet again in heaven. Wow! I have SO much to be thankful for!

So right there and then I made up my mind. Yes, there are things that are difficult right now. Certainly there are things I can worry myself sick over. Absolutely there is uncertainty in our future. HOWEVER, I am choosing to be thankful! I am choosing to look at how very gracious my God has been!

This is my new favorite song. It's by Laura Story. I love the lyrics. They are so true! I've included the words of the chorus and the last verse for you here but I highly recommend the link if you haven't heard the song. Every line carries a beautiful message!

God bless,
Renea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mmgV6mPvb0&feature=related

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near?

What if trials of this life
Are Your mercies in disguise?

What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst
This world can't satisfy?

And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise?

Credits :
songwriters: story, laura mixon
© new spring publishing;new spring publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment