My Classes

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hebrews 11:21

"It was by faith that Jacob, when he was old and dying, blessed each  of Joseph's sons and bowed in worship as he leaned on his staff." 

When my father-in-law passed away, one of the things my husband took comfort in was knowing that his last breath was drawn as my mother-in-law and sister-in-law were singing Dad's favorite hymn to him, "Amazing Grace." Dad loved God more than life itself. And I can imagine that nothing would have pleased him more than to be hearing the words of that great, old hymn as he drifted into the arms of his Saviour! 

What a beautiful picture we have in this verse in Hebrews. An old man, who perhaps is too old to kneel or fall prostrate before God, leaning on his staff in worship after blessing two of his grandchildren! I found this little bible gem while doing my 'homework' for a Beth Moore study. It got me to thinking about my heritage of attending worship with my family. What a privileged life I have had! No, we weren't wealthy or high on the social status roster, but my family has a tremendous wealth of Christian heritage! I only hope that my last act on this earth is to be worshiping my Father who has so richly blessed me!

Here are few more pics from Bellingrath Gardens. The first is my mom holding my granddaughter, Jolie, while she throws pennies in the fountain. What a joy it has been for me to watch this sweet little thing with her great-grandmother!
This one is my youngest daughter Crys (yes, the one with the pink hair!), my neice, Lauren, granddaughter, Jolie, and my daddy, my very own family patriarch!
The last one is my parents with all the grandchildren and the one great-grandchild that were there with us. From the left, daughter Crystal, nephew Daniel, niece Lauren, my dad and mom, granddaugter Jolie, niece Ashley, and my next to youngest daughter, Brittney, aka Jolie's mom. (Isn't that how all of us are known after we have children? lol)
Remember today that no matter what your family heritage consists of, you can have a heritage in God that is beyond what you can even think or imagine! He has an inheritance for you that you don't want to miss! May God bless you today and give you a glimpse of the incredible plan He has for your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment