My Classes

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fearfully and wonderfully made . . .

Being a mom has taught me many things. We have one of those 'his, mine, and ours' families that consists of 5 kids, and now blessed by 4 precious grandchildren and another on the way! Wow, God has been good to our family! All of our children have similarities in their looks and personalities. When our children were young and people found out we had a 'blended' family, they often would look at the kids and guess wrongly which child belonged to which parent! However, I couldn't help but be amazed at their differences. Our oldest is our beautiful daughter, Andrea, my step-daughter. She has her daddy's dark eyes and hair and olive complexion. Our youngest, Crystal, looks so much like my husband's sister that if there were no other items in the pictures to 'date' them, you would be hard pressed to tell them apart as children. But the funny thing is, now that Crys is older, she looks just like Andrea! She even has many of her mannerisms and laughs just like her!

Our other beautiful daughter, Brittney, looks just like me. At least that's what everyone says, bless her heart. But she has my mom's blue eyes, hair color, and pretty much her personality! Funny thing about that is, I've been told all my life I look just like my daddy. Brittney looks nothing like my daddy, yet she looks like me! Confusing, huh?

All of us bear the marks of family traits. Looks, personalities, mannerisms. So many things handed down through the ages, many of them we don't even realize until we get older. Sometimes I find it a bit overwhelming to realize that God created every one of us to be unique and individual, but still made in His image. Have you ever thought about how incredibly creative our heavenly Father is? I'm posting one more picture from the beautiful flowers at Bellingrath. This is a close up of the center of a hybiscus bloom. Look at the detail He put into one simple bloom. If you click on the picture it will enlarge and you can even see a tiny green bug on it! Then consider that His word says that He knew you before you were formed in your mother's womb, that all of your days were ordained before one of them had even happened! How precious you are to Him! How great is His love for you and me!
Blessings,
Renea

No comments:

Post a Comment