My Classes

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wow. Have I really not posted in that long? Sigh.

Well, tonight I just wanted to pass along this info. I know we are all busy, especially around the holidays. But this is such a great event to get involved with. My family and I help every year and it has become one of the most precious highlights of our Christmas. The year my daughter gave birth to our 1st grand daughter, 3 1/2 weeks early, on the way to the hospital, my daughter said, "Oh, no, Mama! I won't be able to help with the festival now!" Yep. It's that important to us.

Date has been set for the 
Happy Birthday, Jesus Festival !!!!!!
Sunday, December 16 th 3 pm until 5 pm
Mississippi Trade Mart on the Jackson Fairgrounds
Evangelism at it's finest....bringing physical help and the gospel to the widows, children, the needy, and the homeless.
reserve your ministry booth today...
our "little lambs" will be available on November 1
"Gonna ba parrrrrtieeeee....whooop! whooop!"


For more info on their ministry, you can visit their website. http://www.wingardhome.org/
Or you can find Charlotte Wingard on Facebook.
Or you can ask me.

So I'll just leave you with this:

If Christmas is really all about Jesus . . .
If Christmas is really all about giving . . .
If Christmas is really about sharing the gospel . . .
And you always thought you might ought to be doing more . . .
Or you wondered how you could help, even if you don't have much money to give . . .
Or you want your children to see how blessed they are . . .
Or you want to teach your children to be more gracious . . .
Or you don't have one spare dime to spend but you still want to help . . .

I could go on and on. I certainly don't have all the answers on how Christmas should be practiced. But I can tell you that my kids have been to and been in lots of Christmas musicals, Christmas programs, done school lessons on Christmas, made gifts for neighbors, family, and friends. All of those are good things. But in all honesty, none of it, all put together, has ever had the impact on them that this festival has.

There are lots of ways to help.

I'd love to help any of you get involved. Feel free to ask questions!

Blessings!
Renea

No comments:

Post a Comment