My Classes

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Time . . .

Lately, well, not just lately, but even more so lately, I've been feeling completely overwhelmed. Just so busy that my whole life seems to be spinning out of control. And I feel helpless to stop it. There was a quote I tweeted from the sermon Sunday that just hit me squarely between the eyes.

"That which we practice daily is what we really believe. All else is religious garbage."

What I practice daily is work. And more work. And still more work. Then I whine and complain about work. Then I feel guilty because all I do is work. Then I feel frustrated about all the things I want to do and don't have time - because of work. I've been praying about this and trying to figure out a reasonable answer. The simple answer is less work. But life isn't so simple.

Last night I found this note I had written recently.
A page from my journal
I edited it somewhat below. But I want to remember that every day I live is a gift from God. I didn't do anything to earn it. I certainly don't deserve it. Yet, He continues to give me another day. Time. A gift. I need to refocus my energy and thoughts to this end.


Time . . .
Occasionally seems to stand still.
But usually flies by.
Savor each hour, each minute.
Don't spend all your days looking so intently toward tomorrow that you miss what today has to offer.
Cherish the good times.
But don't assume that the hard times are of no value.
Each day holds 24 hours in which to grow. 
To learn. 
To perceive new opportunities.
To remind someone they are loved. 
Be not a slave to father time.
Life is but a moment in this world.
Before time began, God was.
Time will end.
He still will be.


Blessings,
Renea

No comments:

Post a Comment